Monday 14 March 2011

Final Major Project

This year is going so quickly, too quickly in fact!

I have handed in my Minor Project and Dissertation and it feels surreal. I am currently working on my Final Major Project and I am enjoying it so much. I definitely feel like I have found my niche and style...finally! :)

My Final Major Projects consists of print designs for surf wear. I have looked through many journals, websites and surf wear companies which have all inspired me greatly.

I have deliberately picked a very commercial area of design and this puts pressure on me to be both unique and fitting with my chosen area. I am confident in my own ability to make my designs stand out against the rest whulst still possessing commercial qualiities. Currently, I have 10 designs that I feel are successful but I am still playing around with colour, which is a vital part in my work.

Here are some pictures of my concept journal/starting point for my FMP. Please note that images are from sources such as journals, websites and books. I have used them to create inspiring mood boards.











No comments:

Post a Comment